Window tint is a very thin layer of a transparent sheet of film usually made of polyester in combination with other dyed and metal-coated materials. The film is applied to the inside of a window and tints can be in a color that the customer chose. This window treatment is used to reduce the temperature and to block UV radiation.
Benefits of Window Tinting
There are several benefits that window tinting offers.
- Blocking UV radiation
- Reducing the temperature in the house during summer
- Reducing energy costs during summer
- Protecting house interior and furniture from sun damage
- Improve and reinforce the quality of windows
Downsides of Window Tinting
- Increasing energy costs in the winter
- Less light in the house
- Tinting is not suitable for all types of windows
- If the tint is too dark it reduces visibility in the night
Solar Screens are installed on the outside of the house, they can be a roller shade or fixed panels installed on a window. They are usually made of fabric-based materials such as polyester or fiberglass coated with other different materials to make them stable and provide endurance. They often come in green or black color. The main use of solar screens is for protection from UV radiation and for controlling temperature in the house.